Wednesday 28 September 2011

Gloomy Education Climate

My Sceintific English class yesterday was exciting. It magnetized my passion towards upgrading my English due to age and future career of mine.
Ms Casey was responsibled to conduct our group. She was an American who only 4 months staying here.
Her American sleng  was pekat sangat..and she spoke very fast.  We couldn’t understand well untill one Chinese member named Sim raised up his hand and said, “Ms, can you speak slower..”. She smiled, nodded, and get off her ‘speedy speech’.
Yesterday she asked, 'what is your favorite word?'. No matter we fancy the word in term of its meaning, spelling, or pronunciation. Some answered, ‘Excellent’, ‘Thank You’, ‘Enthusiasm’, ‘Success’, ‘Love’ and etc. So, what’s yours ? Mine is ‘Opportunity’. 

One thing I dislike about English class is – reading comprehension! Oh, why must I have to read something did not related to me at all? It just makes my eyes easily close while my mouth grasping for oxygen twice a minute! I enjoy reading English, but asking me to read about fishing,  stocks & holdings, company, nylon and fiber, stalagmites – are pain and hurt! They are all not my world!


I faced these problems since early secondary school. The passages and articles provided in text book were giving no means for me.
Please, give more beneficial articles that hook and connect to students (read : me). Actually it is not for English only. Same going to other subjects. Bahasa Melayu and Mathematics for instance. BM essay is so low-class mind if the title keep repeating – 5 steps to make our river clean, 4 factors of chronicle disease..oh no, students are exposing to small world, narrow and limited mind usage. 

For Maths, the questions standard 1 until form 5 are rotating at ‘Ali uses 5 marbles, Ahmad takes 3 from Ali. How much marbles are left?’. Marbles, papers, foods, dices, balls..huh!

 Whereas in Israel, the Maths questions are , 

-Probability of an Irani prime minister to be shot is 78 %. Probabilty of a Military general to be shot is 80% . Find the joint probability of a Prime minister to be shot who is also a Military general.

-If stabilty of democratic Govt. in pakistan is given by the following equation X exp3 +X exp2 -16 = i, where the notations have their usual meaning; Find out x.

-A terrorist group has to provide one Ak 47.one AK 49,one Rocket Launcher, 50 Grenades and one pack of RDX to its Ron roots for training.One AK 47 costs 100$; One Ak 49 costs 150 $,A Bazuka rocket Launcher costs 250 $ , grenade is 3 $ each, a pack of Rdx Bomb attached with remote Control is 500 $. The terrorist group admits 2000 new people every year out of which 30 % are court-martialed. Find the amt of Foreign Money Pakistan Govt has to provide each year to run such a group.

So then? 

penatnya!

Ok, is everyone waiting for me to work up our education climate? Insha Allah, I will. 

*oh, many many many many things to be changed ah? I feel my shoulder is heavier. Exhausted!
*correct me if I was wrong. 
*guys,please answer those Maths questions above esp Maths teacher.

6 comments:

  1. it's not the time for you to babbling or blaming others..take an action!!you have to start now..no need to wait until you become "HEBAT" person to change those many many many things as you said before!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. colours of life, am i didn't start any action? how do you know?

    and,please please please specify what type of action do i have to take?

    dont just generalize 'take an action, take an action' yet doing nothing to help me taking the action.

    just like people love to say, the solution of all the problems is 'kembali pada quran dan sunnah'. huh! everyone knows that.
    the matter is how kembali is kembali, what is the perfect and precise way to kembali pd quran sunnah.

    ok,by the way,double double thanks for your concerning and 'supporting' me to take an action..you are definitely right,no more time to blaming others..
    do pray for my victorious action.oppsss, pray for OUR victorious action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I am a Maths teacher, but I can't answers those questions because I'm not Israeli. Will u help me my dear sis?...Hehehehe!!

    By the way, I like this entry. Sooooo brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too,cant answer those questions as i am not maths teacher plus i am not israeli.. im not sure those questions are prepared for which level of students.probably for standard 6.

    oh,before i forget,you guys are free to agree or disagree with all my views. and do leave your comments here more often..happy to have this such discussion with all of u. we are scholastic and intellectual family right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUH..speechless already..i try my best to give comments in english, even i know very well, my english is not as good as both of you guys!!..huhu..never mind, practices make perfect,right!!

    my dear munibah [hahahaha]..ok, 1st of all, i'm sorry, if my earlier comment hurt you..i didn't mean to say that you never start your action..yes, i know you have your own way to make the education system become better.but.....[to be continued]...

    hahaha,it's very hard for me to continue writting now lah..sleepy already..[give me time to buy a new besta dictionary first..hahaha]..good night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. colours of life,
    1. you are so sweet..no deary,ur comment not hurt me at all..but make me smile. i extremely miss to debate and argue something (or actually everything) with u.

    2. my english is bad.but buat2 and konon2 pandai.bukan sape pun baca,i sorang je.

    3. thanks for calling me 'my dear munibah'. i desperately need and want to be called such name.oh...

    ok,sleep well.=)

    ReplyDelete

Queen Of Tears

  Selepas Winter Sonata yang saya tonton ketika darjah 6, saya tidak lagi menonton apa apa drama Korea. Di Johor saya selalu pelik tengok ka...