Saturday 24 March 2012

Wahabian, Ayah and Tajdid.

How I curious to know what is actually happen in Islamic issues especially in this lovely Tanah Airku. And I keep searching the truth. Reading here and there, listening to different ‘type’ of opinions and finally analyzing it with all my limitations. 

Last two weeks, I attended a class organized by PERKIM USM. The title discussed was ‘Why Muslims are prohibited to eat pork.’ The discussion however went out of the title. Pn Habsah, one of the volunteer in PERKIM initiated our mind to think about educating kids. She said she never asked her kids to wear hijab, or to fast. As all those hukum were not allocated for them. They are only kids that know nothing and even unable yet to understand all the hikmah. Thus, asking them to do so is useless.

Her opinion brought me to remember what ayah did for us. Yes, I was never been asked to wear hijab, until when I was in standard 4, my brother told me to do so. Ayah did not forced me to always in hijab. And ayah also never asked me to perform fasting even once. Mama went further than that when she called me to company her to had a lunch in Ramadhan and I was fasting (she was in menses that time). My sister told me ayah has said to her, ‘if you dont want to fast then dont, but please dont cheat.’ From this sentence I know ayah was not a typical ustaz, but he even went further and beyond that. Oh, I realize that my parents were so tajdid!

In choosing education for children, ayah chose Science School for first and second kids. Though we know at that time people still think studying science is secular. Yet ayah did not follow them. See, how the mind of him was not a follower, but a thinker. 

Previously I had a quite confusion why ayah did not registered us to tahfiz especially my brothers. Then now I know, that was the matter of time. We do not have many time to live in this world. So instead of using the little time to only memorize Quran, for better we use it to UNDERSTAND Quran. And this is the basic for my ‘Scholar School’. UNDERSTAND ISLAM, not memorizing it word by word and eventually practicing it without any sense! No point at all ok. After UNDERSTAND, it is easier to memorize it. But the first foremost is, UNDERSTAND, not memorize. Ayah did well for his children, thank you ayah!

Ha, one more thing is, Mama told me about ayah, he never used ‘duit sampul’ from kenduri arwah. He separated them in one place to be used to community’s benefit. As he went to kenduri arwah not for that sampul. Obviously, ayah’s action was far stepping towards Tajdid 20 years ago, just ayah didnt mentioned it and labeled it as Tajdid.

So, if ayah is still alive, for sure ayah is supporting ‘pihak kami.’  And, may be he is one of them who were called as Wahabi. Hihih..=)

Anyway, I proud to be his daughter.

He requested me to kiss him at HUSM, I deathless remember the moment.

3 comments:

  1. yg ni pun sama..cukuplah 2 entry akhir yg hang post ni utk wat mata aku bengkak ke sekolah..huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  2. xpa la,lagi bengkak lg cun.

    aku tiba2 terfikir benda ni, so aku tulis la..betul kan apa yg aku tulis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. satu lagi utk bendak utk hang..

    Saturday
    Hafiz Firdaus Abdullah

    Mandi bunga ialah kurafat. Di ambil dari kepercayaan hindu.

    *jelas,terang dan nyata..

    ReplyDelete

Queen Of Tears

  Selepas Winter Sonata yang saya tonton ketika darjah 6, saya tidak lagi menonton apa apa drama Korea. Di Johor saya selalu pelik tengok ka...